This easy to make dessert is best served warm and ala mode. For extra flair, add a splash of bourbon to the peach mixture prior to baking.
- 6 to 8 sliced ripe peaches
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Meyer lemon, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Oregon Maple Honey
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) of cold butter cut into about 32 squares
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, we like India's Tree's, Light Muscovado Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, roasted and unsalted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Slice the peaches into eighths and place in a bowl with the almond extract, lemon, lemon juice, and honey. Toss gently and place the peach mixture in a baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl add all remaining ingredients. Use your hands or a pastry cutter to combine until the mixture rezembles a coarse meal.
- Top the peaches with the sugar mixture.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes until the top browns lightly and the fruits' juices begin to bubble.