Good morning. How are you feeling? So many of us are at home this week, sheltering in place, in quarantine, working from home, taking care of our family and friends. It's so easy to fall out of a routine in times like these and indulge in things that give us comfort and take our minds off of the chaos. We are all about small indulgences here at Bee Raw, but we like to balance those out with some nutrition-packed ingredients that give you energy and boost your immune system. So, drink up! To your health and the health of all.
Allergies Bee Gone
Give a boost to your day with this vibrant green juice. If you're suffering from congestion, itchy eyes, and a scratchy throat Bee Raw has created a remedy for your ailments. Our Hay Fever Shot is a mix of all natural, raw, and organic ingredients that help to ward off allergies and allergy symptoms.
Yields (12) 1.5 oz. servings.
- 1/2 cup triple-brewed Chamomile Tea
- 2 tsp. New York Basswood (or a varietal from your region that contains local pollens)
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1 cucumber, ends trimmed
- 1/2 green apple, cored and seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- One 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch salt
- Juice together the cucumber, apple, parsley, ginger and lemon.
- Stir in the tea, honey, salt and cayenne.
- Feel the relief and enjoy!
- Chamomile helps soothe nasal passages.
- NY Basswood Honey is a North East regional honey that contains local pollens to ward off allergies.
- Lemon juice is a known antihistamine.
- Ginger reduced T cell activation, which is a mechanism by which we suffer allergy response.
- Parsley is an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Cucumber and green apple have cooling effects.
- Cayenne helps with blood flow and circulation.
Bee Raw 'Flu Shot'
Cold and flu season is treacherous terrain to navigate, but Bee Raw has the cure! Raw honey is a long-known natural remedy for sore throats and contains antibacterial and antiviral properties that boost your immune system and fight off illness. Follow the recipe below to create your own big batch and take a shot a day!
Yields (7) 1oz servings.
- 1/2oz. Fresh Turmeric
- 1oz. Fresh Ginger
- 4 Lemons, halved
- 1.5 heaping teaspoons of your favorite Bee Raw Honey (we like Oregon Meadowfoam)
- Pinch Cayenne
- Grate or juice the fresh turmeric and ginger into a bowl.
- Juice the lemons into same bowl.
- Add cayenne and Bee Raw honey and stir vigorously.
- Let sit for 45 minutes to macerate.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a container.
- Take a 1oz shot daily for a week and feel great!
California Wild Black Sage Lemonade
While you're sitting on your couch, at your kitchen table, on your deck working from home or just enjoying (as much as you can) a little time off, a clean, simple, cold sip is just the thing to calm the mind. Our California Wild Black Sage Lemonade has so few ingredients you'll be shocked by how good it tastes.
Yields 1 pitcher